Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis have released a joint statement about the much-discussed end of their relationship.
The former couple, who were together from 2011 to 2020 and share two children, spoke out Monday in response to a story published by The Daily Mail, in which a woman described as a former nanny for the two stars allegedly private data about the time. prior to and around their cleavage.
“As parents, it is incredibly disturbing to learn that a former nanny of our two young children would choose to make such false and abusive accusations about us public,” their joint statement told CNN. “Her now 18-month campaign to harass us, as well as loved ones, close friends and colleagues, has reached its unfortunate climax.”
“We will continue to focus on educating and protecting our children in the sincere hope that she will now choose to leave our family alone,” the statement concluded.
The unnamed woman, whose claims have not been verified by CNN, spoke to the British outlet about the couple’s interactions amid Wilde’s relationship with Harry Styles, with whom she worked on the set of her movie “Don’t Worry Darling.”
Wilde previously told Vanity Fair that her relationship with Sudeikis, with whom she shares daughter Daisy (5) and son Otis (8), ended long before her romance with Styles began.
The couple’s divorce was sometimes controversial.
The “Booksmart” director has previously admitted that Sudeikis’ legal team received legal documents regarding custody of their children while she was showcasing her latest film at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, calling the move “cruel.”
A source with knowledge of the matter told CNN at the time that Sudeikis had “no foreknowledge of the time or place the envelope would have been delivered” and called it “inappropriate”.